Saturday, November 1, 2008

Blogging live on the Shikota Convention - 01/Nov/2008 - 20h30

I have been resisting the temptation to blog live all day. After the speech that Shilowa has made I can no longer hold back.

Firstly, as Thozamile Botha was supposed to open the floor for the adoption of the Convention Declaration, he, instead, explained that it is adopted and won't allow any hands. He explained that decisions of the collective bind everyone including those who differed during the discussions. Everyone must go out and communicate the collective decision. I can't recall where I have had that before.

Secondly, Shilowa talks at length about something. I was not paying too much attention because there are those butterfly like insects that keep trying to kiss him on the TV. So I am thinking whether I should use my sandals to bit them or should I buy DOOM tomorrow so as to kill them in case they come back. But then my attention is drawn back to Shilowa when he says as the steering committee they don't care about the consitution of their party. Instead what is important to them is that they win elections. This is an exciting development. It is actually what the Draft Strategy and Tactics Document of the Convention says. I'm so glad that my draft S&T was partially adopted. Shilowa says they will discuss it further tomorrow, hopefully they will adopt it.

Finally, I wanted to write something about the Convention Declaration. Unfortunately, it does not have much content. Shilowa's justification to its emptiness is that there is another Declaration of the imminent members which will exclude opposition parties that were part of the Convention.

Now this means I have to blog tomorrow about this Convention. But it will depend if tomorrows' Catholic Mass allows me time to follow the Convention.

Cheers for now...

No comments: